We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ExcelLikeCurrentCell = true deletes hole cellvalue in editmode

Hi, if ExcelLikeCurrentCell = true and a cell is in editmode (dbl-click or F2)and i press the delete-key the hole cell value will be deleted the same behavor is when marked a range of characters inside the cell. correct is to delete the character on the right side of the inputcursor. is a way to resolve these problem? greetings markus

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 12, 2003 08:52 AM UTC

I tried to reproduce this in the attached sample, but I do not see the problem. Do you? Do you have other settings or events handled that might affect this?

MK Markus Kraft September 25, 2003 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Clay, your sendet sample 7114 uses a datagrid. With a datagrid the deleting-error i described dont occours. I modified your sample with a databoundgrid and activated ExcelLikeCurrentCell = true and ExcelLikeSelectionFrame = true. If a cell is in editmode (dbl-click or F2)and i press the delete-key the hole cell value will be deleted. Also is it not possible to mark a substring and copy the substring to another cell, only the complete cell value will be copied. this behavor is not correct. Correct is to delete the character on the right side of the inputcursor or copy only the marked substring. can you resolve this problem with a databound grid ? greetings markus

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 25, 2003 11:53 AM UTC

I can reproduce this behavior and we'll have to fix it in our codebase. The databoundgrid has no explicit if-statements if Excel-like selection mode has been enabled and therefore treats the current cell-selected range as if it is regular cell selection. Stefan

MK Markus Kraft September 26, 2003 03:42 AM UTC

Hi Stephan, i have 3 Questions: 1. When will you fix this problem? 2. Can you help me to fix this problem in my essentialsource-code? 3. When is a new version ( V2.0) of syncfusion essentialsuite available? greetings markus

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 26, 2003 08:24 AM UTC

In GridDataBoundGrid.HandleKeyDown look at the line else if (Model.SelectedRanges.Count > 0) and change it to else if (Model.Options.ExcelLikeCurrentCell && Model.SelectedRanges.Count > 1 || Model.Options.ExcelLikeCurrentCell && Model.SelectedRanges.Count == 1 && Model.SelectedRanges[0].Width + Model.SelectedRanges[0].Height > 0 || !Model.Options.ExcelLikeCurrentCell && Model.SelectedRanges.Count > 0) or you could sinple check for CurrentCell.IsEditing ... I haven't tested this yet. Before I make any changes I first have to look more carefull. We just had a 1.6.1.7 build going out. So it will be at least another week or two before we make a 1.6.1.8 where I can then add that changed. We don't have a date for 2.0 specified yet. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon