We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ASP.NET Schedule OnEventClicked event not firing

Hi,
I have a question about the Schedule control for ASP.NET. I'm running ASP.NET 2.0 and VS 2005 (C#), Syncfusion v6.1, and IE 6.0. I’ve got a callback function hooked to the OnAppointmentClicked event. It seems to work most of the time, but I noticed that sometimes when I clicked the appointment, the appointment appears to be selected (the borders are highlighted) but the event doesn’t fire. After troubleshooting, I found that this only happens when an edge of an appointment is clicked. If the center of the appointment is clicked, the event always fires. Since the size of my schedule is 7 days, 24hrs/day with a 1 hour resolution for appointments, the appointments are fairly small and clicking on an edge happens fairly frequently. It doesn’t seem right that the appointment highlights when selected, but the OnAppoinmentClicked event doesn’t fire. Can anything be done about this?
Thanks,
Ted

5 Replies

VK Vinoth Kumar K Syncfusion Team January 14, 2008 11:53 PM UTC

Hi Jag,

It is hard to trace why this issue is arising without seeing it in a live application. We have tested this issue in different versions and we could not reproduce this issue.

Here is our test application.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com /samples/Schedule.Web/6.1.0.34/F71074/main.htm

Is there any possible way for you to provide us with a sample that shows this exception? Can you reproduce it in one of our samples/attached sample? It will be easier for us to have a closer look into the problem and to resolve it.

We appreciate your patience, and Thank you for the interest shown in syncfusion Product.

Kindly let us know if you have any questions regarding this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Vinoth

TE Ted January 16, 2008 08:57 PM UTC

Hi Vinoth,
The link you provided is broken, but this problem is easy enough to see, even in your ASP.NET Essential Schedule "Editing Appointments" sample on-line. Go to that sample and hover the mouse directly over the top (or bottom) of the "2:42-3:12 Meeting with James Moore", so that the mouse pointer has a double-ended arrow appearance. Now just click on the appointment. Don’t re-size it – just click it You’ll notice that the appointment is now outlined or, as far as the user is concerned, selected. However, the OnAppointmentClicked event did not fire, since you did not see the edit dialog pop-up, which you get if you select the appointment in the middle.

This is a problem for me, since my appointments are rather small (see first message in thread) and I’ve got both the AllowAppointmentResize and AllowAppointmentDrag properties set to false on the schedule for all appointments, so my users won’t even see that double-ended pointer if they are too close to an edge. Instead, they will just have a normal pointer and a misleading indication of a selected appointment. Any ideas or recommendations?
Thanks,
Ted

>Hi Jag,

It is hard to trace why this issue is arising without seeing it in a live application. We have tested this issue in different versions and we could not reproduce this issue.

Here is our test application.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com /samples/Schedule.Web/6.1.0.34/F71074/main.htm

Is there any possible way for you to provide us with a sample that shows this exception? Can you reproduce it in one of our samples/attached sample? It will be easier for us to have a closer look into the problem and to resolve it.

We appreciate your patience, and Thank you for the interest shown in syncfusion Product.

Kindly let us know if you have any questions regarding this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Vinoth

VK Vinoth Kumar K Syncfusion Team January 23, 2008 12:25 AM UTC

Hi Jag,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The issue mentioned here is suspected to be a defect and we have sent this to our development team for more analysis. We will update you once we get back from our development team.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Vinoth

MA Manopriya Syncfusion Team January 30, 2008 07:35 AM UTC

Hi Jag,

Sorry for the delay response

We have created new defect report for the issue 'Appointment click event not fired properly' . You can track the status of this defect in the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/schedule/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=8706

We will get back to you once this issue has been fixed.

Regards,
Manopriya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2008 04:47 AM UTC

Hi Jag,

Thank you for your patience.

The issue of 'Appointment click event not fired properly' has been fixed. The fix for this defect is available in our Development build v6.2.0.14.

Please refer to the below link for the weekly development build updates.
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/build.aspx

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Manopriya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon