We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC: Group Level Data

Hi,

I have a GGC which groups a set of securities based on the underlying security. What I want to accomplish is to show some live data of the underlying security in the grouped row. I handle this now by setting summary row and columns and then populating the values through QueryCellStyleInfo event. This is shown in the attached image. However, there are performance issues with this approach since that I populate the values from data stored in a hashtable. When I need to update the cells, it needs to be through the QueryCellStyleInfo event, which I access by calling a Refresh() on the grid.

So my question is, is there a better way to approach this? Or, if there is a way to access the Summary cells programmatically so that I can treat it in the same way as updating other record cells. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks

gird.zip

2 Replies

PC Patrick Cheng January 16, 2008 03:46 AM UTC

HI,

Any update on this? Thanks!

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team January 17, 2008 04:39 AM UTC

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

By default, the summaries will be refreshed as you leave the row. But if you want the summaries to be updated as you leave the cell then, you should handle the CurrentRecordContextChange event and you can Invalidate the summary. Below is the code snippets:

private void gridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange(object sender, CurrentRecordContextChangeEventArgs e)
{
if(e.Action == CurrentRecordAction.CurrentFieldChanged)
{
this.gridGroupingControl1.CurrencyManager.EndCurrentEdit();
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.InvalidateSummary();
}
}

Please refer the below KB article for more details:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=343

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Jeba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon