We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception

Hi there

From time to time, we receive this exception that is caught in our catch all My.Application.UnhandledException, resulting in a system exit:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DragMessageFilter.PreFilterMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.ProcessFilters(MSG& msg, Boolean& modified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FPreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()

Any idea on why we receive this exception? It is intermitent, so I can't give you an example of when it occurs unfortunately

Cheers,

John

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2007 12:31 PM UTC

I found this issue listed in several direct trac incidents. It should have been corrected in version 5.1.1.0. Are you using an earlier version?

JB John Barrie McLean December 12, 2007 08:34 PM UTC

We currently have version 5.1.0.51 installed, so I'll get the latest version.

Thanks,

J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon