We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Autocomplete with Essential Edit

Hi there, I'm evaluating Essential Edit right now and didn't find any clues on how to autocomplete/suggest in it. Is it possible to use it within the editor? Thanks in advance... Stefan Köster

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 10, 2003 05:28 PM UTC

Hi Stefan, If you are referring to the toolkit's AutoComplete control then the answer is No. But if you are referring to ContextChoicePrompt functionality, then we do support this feature and please take a look at the sample in \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Edit\Samples\IntelliSenseFunctions\ for more information. Please let me know if this is the information you are looking for. Thanks, Guru Patwal.

SK Stefan Köster September 15, 2003 10:22 AM UTC

Hi, thanks for the fast reply, but the intellisense feature doesn't seem to offer, what I was looking for. I need a tool, that autocompletes a word while writing it, depending on the context (like it is done in .net). When I put the trigger on all letters (which is what I would need), the performance is pretty bad and the complete word isn't overwriting the beginning of that word but is attached to it. Any chance to do what I want with syncEdit? Thanks in advance... Stefan Köster

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2003 11:29 AM UTC

Hi Stefan, Edit behaves similar to the VS.Net IDE for the context choice popup. I assume here you are referring to a true autocomplete which would store typed words for use later when the same starting sequence of letters are typed. In the present form, Edit does not support this, but this can be done if you have the source code version. Please let us know in detail what exactly are your requirements, so that we can suggest an appropriate solution. I would really appreciate if you could provide us a screen shot demonstrating what exactly is done in the VS.Net IDE that you want Edit to do. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal.

SK Stefan Köster September 17, 2003 11:32 AM UTC

Hi there, I pursuaded my customer to have an autocomplete only if the word starts with "<", so the already implemented function of intellisense works (as long as there's no blank or tab infront of "<"!). Am I just to stupid to make the popupwindow appear even if there's a leading tab (and disappear when the word is completed manually)? Any help is welcome :-) Thanks in advance... Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 17, 2003 05:30 PM UTC

Hi Stefan, Please send us a sample showing this behavior. I will consult the Essential Edit development team on this issue and get back to you with more information once I receive the sample. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal.

SK Stefan Köster September 23, 2003 12:30 PM UTC

Hi there, sorry, it was my fault. I didn't realize that itemName in the ContextChoicePopup includes leading chr(9). Thanks. Regards... Stefan Köster

DJ Danie J. Beckett January 23, 2004 10:51 AM UTC

Hi There, I am trying to do exactly what Stefan wants to do, which is to apply the AutoCompletion control to my editcontrol, and get the word completion as i type. Similiar to the way in Visual Studio .Net where you press Cntrl+Space and it completes the word. Question: Is it possible (i have the source code) to change the AutoCompletion control so that it can be applied on to the EditorControl, without having to rewrite my own autocomletion in EditorControl.cs? Anxiously awaiting your reply, Thanx in advance! Danie. >Hi Stefan, > >Edit behaves similar to the VS.Net IDE for the context choice popup. I assume here you are referring to a true autocomplete which would store typed words for use later when the same starting sequence of letters are typed. In the present form, Edit does not support this, but this can be done if you have the source code version. Please let us know in detail what exactly are your requirements, so that we can suggest an appropriate solution. I would really appreciate if you could provide us a screen shot demonstrating what exactly is done in the VS.Net IDE that you want Edit to do. Thanks for your cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2004 05:26 PM UTC

Hi Danie, This feature is currently not available in Essential Edit, but it is possible to do so with the source code. I have created a DirectTrac incident #8945 in this regard, and will update you there with more information. Thanks for your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon