We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to prevent a form from moving

Hi, I would like that my form inherit from Form (which has this.ControlBox = false; this.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.FixedToolWindow; ) would not allow moving. I have try to override OnMove, but I do not achieve my aim, I guess it just do not call the associate delegate. Any help is welcome, thank you

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 10, 2003 07:49 PM UTC

Hi Steve, This is not exactly a solution, but you can try setting the FormBorderStyle to "None". This prevents the user from moving the form. Regards, Br. > > Hi, > > I would like that my form inherit from Form (which has > this.ControlBox = false; > this.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.FixedToolWindow; > ) would not allow moving. > I have try to override OnMove, but I do not achieve my aim, I guess it just do not call the associate delegate. > > Any help is welcome, > > thank you >

ST Steve September 11, 2003 10:16 AM UTC

I have found a better solution : http://groups.google.de/groups?selm=u1eMJOibDHA.2632%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl in VB and I implemented it like this in c#: protected override void WndProc(ref Message m) { const int WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN = 161; const int WM_SYSCOMMAND = 274; const int HTCAPTION = 2; const int SC_MOVE = 61456; if((m.Msg == WM_SYSCOMMAND) && (m.WParam.ToInt32() == SC_MOVE)) { return; } if((m.Msg == WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN) && (m.WParam.ToInt32() == HTCAPTION)) { return; } base.WndProc (ref m); } > Hi Steve, > This is not exactly a solution, but you can try setting the FormBorderStyle to "None". This prevents the user from moving the form. > > Regards, > > Br. > > > > Hi, > > > > I would like that my form inherit from Form (which has > > this.ControlBox = false; > > this.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.FixedToolWindow; > > ) would not allow moving. > > I have try to override OnMove, but I do not achieve my aim, I guess it just do not call the associate delegate. > > > > Any help is welcome, > > > > thank you > > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon