We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TabControlExt subclassing and VStudio designer

I've created a UserControl derived class which contains a TabControlExt object. I gave the tab control "protected" visibility so I could set it's properties in VStudio's visual designer. In particular, I wanted to be able to add new tabs using VStudio (as opposed to adding code and setting tab page properties manually). This works pretty well, but VStudio insists on setting this.m_tabControlExt.TabCount = #; in InitializeComponents() where # is the number of tab pages. This means that every time I edit the control with VStudio's designer I have to comment out this line of code because TabPageControlExt.TabCount is read-only. Is there a better way to get around this?

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 2, 2002 12:50 PM UTC

Roy, Seems like a bug in VS where it assumes a "set" property even when it is not implemented. We could force this to not happen applying the DesignerSerializationVisibility.Hidden attribute in the TabCount property. Look for this in our next release (due early next week). Praveen Ramesh

RM Roy Muller August 2, 2002 03:38 PM UTC

You guys are good :-) I really appreciate the quick and accurate responses to problems that I post here. I haven't had this kind of service since working with Qnx (http://www.qnx.com). Thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 5, 2002 06:38 PM UTC

Also, please open a Support Incident if you want a workaround for the "context menus not showing on key press" issue. Praveen Ramesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 5, 2002 06:39 PM UTC

Sorry, updated the wrong incident :) -Praveen

RM Roy Muller August 20, 2002 03:31 PM UTC

It looks like this fix slipped through the cracks of the 1.0.2.4 release :-( Is this fixable in the next release?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 21, 2002 12:35 PM UTC

Roy, We did add the DesignerSerializationVisibility.Hidden attribute to TabCount. I tried reproducing this problem in a sample and the designer didn't insert the TabCount with our current version. Could you possibly be linking to an older version of our lib? If not, could you open a incident and attach a sample? Thanks Praveen Ramesh

RM Roy Muller August 21, 2002 12:44 PM UTC

It is likely that I was using the previous (1.0.2.2) version of syncfusion; see my post in the General forum, subject "Modified Syncfusion Source and Updates". I thought I was current; I'm sorry for the false alarm.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon