We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboBoxAdv SelectedIndexChanging

I am using 5.1.1.47. I am attaching to the SelectedIndexChanging event of the ComboBoxAdv control. I am following this workflow:

-Click the down arrow on the drop down to display the drop down list.
-Move my mouse down.

I would expect this:
-Click the down arrow on the drop down to display the drop down list.
-Move my mouse down UNTIL I find the option I want to select.
-Click the new option.

Is this control working as expected? I am wanting to capture the event before the index has changed, but I would like to have clicked the option before the event fires, not just mousing over the next option down.

thanks.
jc

3 Replies

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team November 29, 2007 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Jc,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product.

In ComboBoxAdv, firing of SelectionIndexChaging event on mouse move over the dropdown list, is the default behaviour.

There is no option to disable the changing of selection on mouse move. We can consider this as a feature request. We have notified our development team on this regard and will get back to you once we hear back from them.

Regards,
Suba

JC Josh Collins November 29, 2007 06:45 PM UTC

The problem with this, is that it did not behave this way in the 4.* series. We have an application running on 4.1.0.58 and it behaves as I would expect. It appears to have been broken in this later release.

>Hi Jc,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product.

In ComboBoxAdv, firing of SelectionIndexChaging event on mouse move over the dropdown list, is the default behaviour.

There is no option to disable the changing of selection on mouse move. We can consider this as a feature request. We have notified our development team on this regard and will get back to you once we hear back from them.

Regards,
Suba

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team November 30, 2007 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Jc,

Thank you for bring the message.

In the earlier version the behaviour has been changed. If we want to enable or diable the changing of selection on mouse move, this may consider as a feature request. We have notified our development team on this regard and will get back to you once we hear back from them.

Regards,
Suba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon