We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ProcessDialogKey doesn't get called

I derrived a class from System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid, overriden the ProcessDialogKey to put custom processing for "Delete" button. All works fine till I created a inherited form derrived from the form with my grid on it. Base form has a datagriâ and two buttons on it. Inherited form doesn't add ANYTHING. But when I fill the grid with data it seems that "Delete" button message doesn't bump into MyGrid.ProcessDialogKey. Any ideas that I did wrong and/or how to overcome this problem.

1 Reply

JI Jim November 9, 2003 07:27 PM UTC

This is a great question, because everyone who give the solution doesn't talk about how to call ProcessDialogKey.. We must be missing something really basic. > I derrived a class from System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid, overriden the ProcessDialogKey to put custom processing for "Delete" button. All works fine till I created a inherited form derrived from the form with my grid on it. Base form has a datagriâ and two buttons on it. Inherited form doesn't add ANYTHING. But when I fill the grid with data it seems that "Delete" button message doesn't bump into MyGrid.ProcessDialogKey. Any ideas that I did wrong and/or how to overcome this problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon