We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

ProcessDialogKey doesn't get called

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

6992 Sep 9,2003 01:17 AM Nov 9,2003 02:27 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: FAQ
Igor Soukhov
Asked On September 9, 2003 01:17 AM

I derrived a class from System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid, overriden the ProcessDialogKey to put custom processing for "Delete" button. All works fine till I created a inherited form derrived from the form with my grid on it. Base form has a datagriâ and two buttons on it. Inherited form doesn't add ANYTHING. But when I fill the grid with data it seems that "Delete" button message doesn't bump into MyGrid.ProcessDialogKey. Any ideas that I did wrong and/or how to overcome this problem.

Jim
Replied On November 9, 2003 02:27 PM

This is a great question, because everyone who give the solution doesn't talk about how to call ProcessDialogKey.. We must be missing something really basic. > I derrived a class from System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid, overriden the ProcessDialogKey to put custom processing for "Delete" button. All works fine till I created a inherited form derrived from the form with my grid on it. Base form has a datagriâ and two buttons on it. Inherited form doesn't add ANYTHING. But when I fill the grid with data it seems that "Delete" button message doesn't bump into MyGrid.ProcessDialogKey. Any ideas that I did wrong and/or how to overcome this problem.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;