We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC: Blinking

Hi,

I have in place the built in feature for blinking cells and it works fine. However, I want to be able to have blinking text instead of cells. So what I did to achieve this was to change the blinking text color and make the cell color the same as my grid. This is also fine, however, I run into a problem when I implement a different back color for alternating rows. How can I set the background blinking color to always be the same as the color of the cell? I have tried using transparent color and no color, however, these settings will cause the text to be blurry when blinking. Please advise, thanks!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2007 11:15 AM UTC

It sounds like you need to conditionally set the blinking backcolor depending upon whether the cell is an alternate row or not. I am not sure you would be able to do this using the default blink support as the backcolor is set through a single BaseStyle.

Once option might be to handle the blinking support yourself. Below is a sample that is focused on blinking rows but you can use something simalar to blink cells. It uses a custom engine to add custom properties to each row record. Then in a QueryCellStyleInfo handler, you can use this properties to set the state for the cell being drawn. A timer is used to rythmicly redraw the blinking rows.

ManualBinkingGGC.zip

PC Patrick Cheng December 13, 2007 11:52 AM UTC

Hi Clay,

Is it possible to disable the base style from changing the color of the cell, and only changing the text color? It seems if i do not specify a base style, it uses some default color.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 13, 2007 01:16 PM UTC

The sample in the previous response does not change the cell backcolor for me. That is what allows it to work for alternate row colors. Does it change for you?

The default blinking support does change the backcolor. One thing you can try is to reset the BackColor after the call to engine.AddbaseStylesForBlinking.

this.gridGroupingControl1.Engine.AddBaseStylesForBlinking();
this.gridGroupingControl1.Engine.BaseStyles[GridEngine.BlinkIncreased].StyleInfo.ResetBackColor();
this.gridGroupingControl1.Engine.BaseStyles[GridEngine.BlinkReduced].StyleInfo.ResetBackColor();
this.gridGroupingControl1.Engine.BaseStyles[GridEngine.BlinkNewValue].StyleInfo.ResetBackColor();
this.gridGroupingControl1.Engine.BaseStyles[GridEngine.BlinkNullValue].StyleInfo.ResetBackColor();
this.gridGroupingControl1.Engine.BaseStyles[GridEngine.BlinkNewRecord].StyleInfo.ResetBackColor();

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon