We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Start Grid Dragging on the first click

Hello everybody,

I want to start dragging on the first left click in a cell. It should be unnecessary if the cell was selected before. I don't want to have only a HitTestSelectionEdge where I can start dragging. Dragging should be start everywhere when i click with Left and hold it down and move the mouse.

I implement my own GridOleDataSourceMouseController and set them to my grid instead of the original but i don't know what I must overwrite to get the desired behaviour.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas

2 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team November 13, 2007 11:13 PM UTC

Hi Thomas,

The grid has very extensible OLE D&D support. If you want to do custom D&D support, you would probably want to override OnMouseDown method/MouseDown of the grid and if the click is on grid cell, then you need to call the DoDragDrop method for passing in your custom data object. Please refer to this KB article related to start a drag-and-drop operation by just clicking on the grid cell.

Can I start a drag-and-drop operation by just clicking on the selection and begining to drag it?

Best regards,
Haneef

TH Thomas Hahn November 14, 2007 10:38 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

thank a lot for the examble. It works fine.

With best regards,
Thomas

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon