We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Number of calls to QueryCellInfo

Hi,

I noticed that the QueryCellInfo event in virtual grid were being called about two times of number of cells in one refresh. in other words, QueryCellInfo was being called twice for every cell.
Is this normal?

Thanks,

Q

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2007 04:16 PM UTC

If you are calling grid.Refresh, then QueryCellinfo will be hit twice per cell as that method does more than just force a redraw.

If you use Invalidate/Update calls, then I think that QueryCellInfo will only be hit once for each cell.

this.gridControl1.Invalidate();
this.gridControl1.Update();

QS Qingde Shi November 8, 2007 05:13 PM UTC

Clay,

Thanks. It seems the ResetVolatileData() has to be called too to reset Rows and Columns.

and it also seems that if only call ResetVolatileData() and Invalidate(), it also can achieve a refresh effect.

Am I right? Is there any potential problems for this?

Thanks,

Q

>If you are calling grid.Refresh, then QueryCellinfo will be hit twice per cell as that method does more than just force a redraw.

If you use Invalidate/Update calls, then I think that QueryCellInfo will only be hit once for each cell.

this.gridControl1.Invalidate();
this.gridControl1.Update();

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2007 05:44 PM UTC

If you change the RowCount or the ColCount, then you will have to call grid.ResetVolatileData to see those changes take effect.

Here is a minimal sample showing QueryCellInfo being hit in the output window.

WindowsApplication29_3.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon