We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Manager Error

I have a DockingManager with 3 controls associated with it. In the Forms OnLoad I check the user's security and make changes to which docked controls they can see. If I change the dock visibility of a control by calling SetEnableDocking(control, false) I get the following assertion: --------------------------- RecruitMax --------------------------- An error occurred please contact the adminstrator with the following information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Stack Trace: at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager.set_DHCInFocus(DockHostController value) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.WndProc(Message& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) --------------------------- Abort Retry Ignore --------------------------- Things go downhill from here and the app exits. Now I think I've determined that the cause of this is hiding a control before the DockingManager has finished loading a new dock state and fired NewDockStateEndLoad. So, can you confirm that you should not alter the dock state of controls in the managers collection before this event has fired? It makes sense, but if that's the case, you should throw an InvalidOperationException when the attempt is made. Thanks, Sean

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 8, 2003 05:12 PM UTC

Hi Sean, No, You should not alter the dock state of the controls before the NewDockStateEndLoad event is fired. The following Knowledge Base article provides you more information on this. http://www.syncfusion.com/KB/Tools/Tools_c35c.asp#q564q We have considered your suggestion for the InvalidOperationException to be thrown when such an attempt is made, and have logged a QA report (QA# 275) in this regard. Thank you. Regards, Guru Patwal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon