We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Fixed items - Installation

An email was recently sent to me indicating that a problem I discovered had been fixed. In the email is the following :
"2) Clear and remove the XlsIO.Base dll from"

"PublicAssemblies - Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies"
"GAC - C:\Windows\Assembly"

What am I supposed to do regarding "GAC - C:\Windows\Assembly" ??? Do I uninstall something? I don't understand what to do.

I have copied files I received in the zip file and overwriten the files in "Program Files.....\PublicAssemblies"
but don't understand about the GAC stuff.

1 Reply

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team October 30, 2007 01:43 AM UTC

Hi Bill,

This text is added for the following reasons.

1) Whenever any version of Syncfusion is installed in a machine, the assemblies of the particular version will be installed in the PublicAssemblies and in the GAC (GlobalAssemblyCache - C:\Windows\Assembly).

2) In order to replace your old assemblies with the new assemblies (that are given to you recently, you need to remove the references to the old assemblies. For that you need to do the below actions.

3) Please delete the Syncfusion XlsIO assembly references in the PublicAssemblies and in the GAC.

4) Please copy the new assemblies to the PublicAssemblies folder and from there, select all the Syncfusion XlsIO references and drag and drop them in the GAC.

5) Remove the bin and obj folders of your application.

6) Now recompile and run the project. You can see that the new assemblies are referenced to the application.

7) Incase if you want to go back to your old revision of Syncfusion assemblies, just use the AssemblyManager from the DashBoard. There is a backup of the installed assemblies maintained in the pre-compiled assemblies (C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\5.2.0.25\precompiledassemblies\5.2.0.25\2.0) folder. The AssemblyManager will use these assemblies.

Please try this and let me know if this helps. Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon