We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

handle layout columns

Hi,

I need to handle an event that gets triggered when the order that the columns are displayed in the griddataboundgrid is changed by the user dragging and dropping. Is there such an event that I can take a look at? Thanks!

2 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team October 22, 2007 05:33 PM UTC

Hi Code12345,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Moving columns is support by default in a Essential Grid. If you click a colheader to select the column, then if you mousedown on the selected column header, you can drag and drop it in another position.

If you do not see this behavior, check the AllowDragSelectedCols property to make sure it is on.

If you want to control the DragandDrop column header, then catch the ColsMoving event to cancel it if the args point to columns or a target location you do not want moved.

The SelectionDragging and SelectionDragged are fired when you started dragging a whole column or whole row that you have previously selected by clicking the header. These event are not part of the OLE D&D support in Essential Grid.

Best regards,
Haneef

JO John October 24, 2007 03:08 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I used the ColsMoved event to handle what I needed. Thanks!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon