We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

undo redo

Hi,

I noticed for some odd reason that undo (Ctrl-Z) only works if I stay within the current cell. As soon as I click out of the cell that I just changed, it doesn't remember how to undo it anymore. The redo function seems to have a longer memory. Am I doing something wrong?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 19, 2007 11:52 AM UTC

The multilevel undo/redo support is only available in GridControl. Is this the control you are using?

For the bound grid like GridDataBoundGrid and GridGroupingControl, the undo does not retain a history. There, normally, the first undo resets the current cell and the second undo resets the entire record. But, if you are using settings like DirectSaveCellInfo = true in GridDataBoundGrid or ForceImmediateSaveValue = true in a GridGroupingControl, or if you are handling editing events and explicitly calling something like EndEdit, then this may also interfere with undos.

JO John October 19, 2007 09:50 PM UTC

Hi,

Is the DirectSaveCellInfo set true by default?

JO John October 19, 2007 09:53 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using griddataboundgrid.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2007 07:21 AM UTC

The default value of DirectSaveCellInfo is false.

I tried things with a GridDataBoundGrid. I also see the second control Z not resetting the current record. But I think you can get this wroking by handling the keydown event and cancelling the edit on the binder if your user hits ctlZ on a editing row that does not have a editing currentcell. Here is a little sample.

WindowsApplication25.zip

JO John October 24, 2007 03:30 PM UTC

Hi,

I tried looking at the sample that was provided and I still can't get the second Ctrl-Z to do undo the second operation.

I specifically had trouble getting this part of the code to return a true value:

if(e.KeyCode == Keys.Z && e.Control
&& !gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell.IsEditing
&& gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.IsEditing)
{
return true; //never returns true
}

I tried just running this to see if I could get the second Ctrl-Z to undo, but it still wouldn't undo the operation.

if(true)
{
gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.CancelEdit();
}

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. =( Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon