We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Importing Excel to Grid

I am in the process of evaluating your product and I see that there is a converter to export grid data to Excel. I also see that you can use xml as a datasource for the grid. I am curious if there is a parser to read the Excel XML data in to a grid.

3 Replies

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team October 8, 2007 10:23 AM UTC

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion products.

The Excel exporter converts the resultant data that is bound to the GridGroupingControl into an excel file. We don't have any specific parser to import data from Excel XML type. You can define your own schema in reading data from the SpreadsheetML (Excel XML) to an xml which corresponds to the heirarchy structure of XML Datasource. Then you can apply the transformation and bind the XML to the Grid.

Please let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad

SJ Samantha Johnson October 8, 2007 04:50 PM UTC

I want to make sure I understand this. I see that the Windows form as an Excel converter, there is not the same idea for .net?

>Hi Samantha,

Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion products.

The Excel exporter converts the resultant data that is bound to the GridGroupingControl into an excel file. We don't have any specific parser to import data from Excel XML type. You can define your own schema in reading data from the SpreadsheetML (Excel XML) to an xml which corresponds to the heirarchy structure of XML Datasource. Then you can apply the transformation and bind the XML to the Grid.

Please let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad

SA Saravanan A Syncfusion Team October 26, 2007 05:47 AM UTC

Hi Samantha,

Similar to the windows forms we have the option to export the Grid content to Excel file in ASP.NET also. Please refer to the following sample, that demonstrate this.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ExcelExport_80324f5d.zip

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Saravanan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon