We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Steps for docking

I am just starting using the SyncFusion controls and am looking for a little help with docking.

I am trying to create a screen that looks like the following.

+----------------------------------+
| || |
| || |
| Fixed || |
| Tree || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
+==========|| |
| || |
| Dock || |
| GroupBar || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
+----------------------------------+

The main form has a splitter seperating it into a left and right half.

The left half has a TreeView that is Always Docked to the top and can't move. The bottom has a GroupBar that can only be docked to the bottom. The GroupBar could also dock to the form (top/bottom/right) or could float.

What are the general steps required to set this up.

1) Create form
2) Drop splitter on
3) Drop DockingManager
4) Drop TreeView on
5) Drop GroupBar on
6) ???
7) ???
8) ???

Thanks,
Dave

3 Replies

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team September 27, 2007 10:43 AM UTC

Hi Dave,

You can use the DockAllow and DragAllow events to achieve your requirement. Also you can not dock controls inside a Splitter since DockingManager allows only the Form or UserControl as host control.

Please refer to the attached sample that shows how you can achieve this using Form as a host control.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F68671/main.htm

Kindly let me know if this helps you.

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Golda

DE David Elliott October 1, 2007 12:13 PM UTC

The sample provided won't compile due to a missing user control. If I understand you correctly, I would have to create a user control and put the treeview and groupbar on the user control before I would be able to dock the controls.

Would I have to add a dockmanager to the usercontrol? Would the groupbar be able to attach to the right side of the form then or just the usercontrol?

Thanks,
Dave

>Hi Dave,

You can use the DockAllow and DragAllow events to achieve your requirement. Also you can not dock controls inside a Splitter since DockingManager allows only the Form or UserControl as host control.

Please refer to the attached sample that shows how you can achieve this using Form as a host control.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F68671/main.htm

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Golda

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team October 4, 2007 02:16 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In the sample that I provided earlier, usercontrol is not used. DockingManager is added to Form and TreeView and GroupBar are docked to the left side of the Form.

Herewith I have attached the sample that works fine:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F68671_1/main.htm

Best regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon