We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Support for "advanced" features

Hello,

We are considering using Essential DocIO and Essential XslIO as substitutes to a server-side Office automation solution we started to build. I'd like to ask if the following features are supported:
- Subdocument References: We have Word (master) documents that have references to external Word subdocuments. Is it possible with DocIO to open the master document, bring in all subdocuments, and save the result as one single, self-contained document?
- OLE Links: We have Word documents that link to a table or graph in an external Excel file through OLE linking. Is it possible with DocIO to open the Word document, "break" the OLE link, and save the result as one single, self-contained Word document?

Thanks in advance for the answers that will help evaluate this product.

1 Reply

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team September 27, 2007 02:51 PM UTC

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for evaluating Syncfusion products.

Query 1 : Is it possible with DocIO to open the master document, bring in all subdocuments, and save the result as one single, self-contained document?

Yes. It is possible to merge the contents of multiple documents into a single document. Please refer the sample that shipped with Essential studio in the below location.

[Install drive]:\Documents and Settings\Username \My Documents\Syncfusion\...\DocIO.Windows\Samples\2.0\Advanced Features\CloningandMerging

Query 2 : Is it possible with DocIO to open the Word document, "break" the OLE link, and save the result as one single, self-contained Word document?

We can only preserve the hyperlinks when the document is generated from the word template which has the hyperlinks in it. i.e., if the existing word document contains the hyperlinks, we can open and save that document without breaking the hyperlinks.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Fahad

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon