We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

"Locked" regions

Hello,

I recently inherited an application that uses numerous Essential Grid controls. One request that I have is as follows: There are checkboxes on a form that show and hide specific columns in a grid control. However, this grid contains a few header and footer rows that should never have cells hidden. Is there an easy way with the Essential Grid controls to "lock" certain regions to not respond to hidden row/col properties? For example, in the grid:

H1 H2 H3
B1 B2 B3
B1 B2 B3
F1 F2 F3

Where H=Header, B=Body, F=Footer, hiding the 2nd column would result in:

H1 H2 H3
B1 B3
B1 B3
F1 F2 F3

I realize that this is probably an unrealistic request, but if there is a built-in way to accomplish this I would like to know before proceeding.

Thanks,
Jarrod

1 Reply

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team September 27, 2007 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Jarrod,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We don't have an inbuilt way to lock the regions (as per your scenario). I guess you have to work up on a custom implementation for this one. Have a function that would move your data from a particular range to the desired range.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
Fahad

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon