We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ForcedVertical Scrollbar

Is there a way to set up the Essential Edit component with a 'ForcedVertical' scrollbar like you can with the .NET (2.0) Richtextbox?

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team September 20, 2007 07:11 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

If you want to get the appearance of 'ForcedVertical' scrollbar to the edit control then you can set the ShowVerticalScroller property to true. Please refer to the following code snippet.

[C#]

this.editControl1.ShowVerticalScroller = true;

Please let me know if this helps.

ScreenShot: Image.zip

Regards,
Nagaraj

AL alex September 22, 2007 03:05 AM UTC

Thanks for the info. I finally got a chance to get back to this and there seems to be a problem nonetheless. As it appears in VS2005 Property window, the ShowVerticalScroller property appears to be set to true by default, but the desired effect is not there. I also explicitly set up the property to true, as suggested, with no change whatsoever. I'm currently using Essential Studio version 5.1.0.51. I'll see if I can download a more recent release to see if that's the difference.

AL alex September 22, 2007 03:30 AM UTC

Now, to make matters more interesting I just downloaded version 5.2.0.25 from your "Downloads" page (http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx), but the MD5SUM identified in that page and the actual one don't match. You guys have e09efc99610644f69d4529d9cff0e061 for the checksum, but the real one for this file is 595DC826ED9F196C5CE5CA4A0E98659E. So, either there's a security problem or someone posted the wrong hash for the installation file.

Thanks!

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team September 25, 2007 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the update.

We checked the MD5 check sum using C# code and also with the fciv.exe (File Checksum Integrity Verifier) tool. But both generates the same key 'e09efc99610644f69d4529d9cff0e061' for the 5.2.0.25 setup. Please let us know the tool you used to create the MD5 check sum, so that we could test with that tool and update you with details.

Thanks,
Melba

AL alex September 25, 2007 05:18 PM UTC

Melba,

I used the same tools I always use for this... the gnu md5sum tool that comes with Cygwin and a hash generating tool from my company called Firehash, which you can get it at http://xbasics.com/tools/fh.

In any case, I just downloaded another copy of "Syncfusion Essential Studio 5.2.0.25" off "http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx" and got the same result. I get the same checksum... "595DC826ED9F196C5CE5CA4A0E98659E"

On top of that, as if I haven't done this a gazillion times in the past, I downloaded the Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier tool (fciv.exe), version 2.05, and it outputs exactly the same hash.

Are we looking at the same setup file? Are you downloading the setup file from the webpage and then calculating its hash?

In the attachment, you'll find a screenshot of each calculation performed.

Cheers, Alex

>Hi Alex,

Thank you for the update.

We checked the MD5 check sum using C# code and also with the fciv.exe (File Checksum Integrity Verifier) tool. But both generates the same key 'e09efc99610644f69d4529d9cff0e061' for the 5.2.0.25 setup. Please let us know the tool you used to create the MD5 check sum, so that we could test with that tool and update you with details.

Thanks,
Melba

MD5Sum Checksum.zip

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team September 27, 2007 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

I regret for the delay in responding.

We have fixed this issue and updated the MD5 checksum in our latest version page.

Kindly let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon