We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is TreeViewAdvDataBound available in syncfusion 4.4

Is the control TreeViewAdvDataBound available in 4.4. I saw it's in the help file. But I cound't find it.

Basically what i want to do is to display a table in a treeview and group them into different level based on the column names.

3 Replies

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team September 13, 2007 08:54 AM UTC

Hi Keping,

Thank you for posting query to us.

There is no separate control like TreeViewAdvDatabound. We could achieve treeview data binding by combining TreeViewAdv and DataBoundGrid.

1.TreeData - To access DataSource( DataSet )

2.TreeDataBinder - To bind data with TreeViewAdv control.

3.TreeDataSource - It is main class handles databindings with TreeViewAdv and TreeNodeAdv control.

By using these classes we could achieve TreeViewAdvDataBinding.

Please refer this sample and let us know if this helps.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F68241/main.htm

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Jeba.

KW Keping Wu September 13, 2007 01:26 PM UTC

Hi Jeba,

Thanks for your response. :D

Actually what i'm looking for is not master-detail tables. I'm looking for a self grouped treeview as TreeViewAdvDataBound provided before.

I've got a table like:

Country Division Branch IsActive
C1 D1 B1 True
C1 D1 B2 False
C1 D2 B3 False

I want to bind the table into a treeview and set the group columns to "Country" "division" , then when the data is loaded, the first two columns will be used to group and level the data. IsActive can be used to set the checkbox attached to each node.

C1 - D1 - B1
- B2
- D2 - B3

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team September 18, 2007 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Keping,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The TreeViewAdvDataBound control supports data binding by taking a relational datasource with rows and columns (DataSet, DataView, ArrayList) and grouping the rows based on one or more specified fields. This will result in a hierarchical view which will be displayed in the tree control.

You can specify data to be grouped using the GroupedColumns property of the control.

Please refer this sample and let us know if this helps.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F68241/main.htm

Regards,
Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon