We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

import .xls file containing ArrayFormula

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

68027 Sep 6,2007 01:45 PM Dec 26,2007 04:16 AM Windows Forms 6
Tags: XlsIO
Jonathan Hartley
Asked On September 6, 2007 01:45 PM

Hey there.

I am importing an .xls file which contains two (identical) array formula, set on adjacent ranges of cells.

eg:
Array formula "=Row(A1:A10)", which has been expanded to display over cells B1:B5, and a second (but identical) formula, expanded over cells C1:C5 (see attached file twoArrays.xls)

When I import the .xls file using XlsIO, I can see the imported array formula by iterating over worksheet.Cells, and looking at their IRange.FormulaArray propery.

However, I don't know how to tell that there are two distinct array formula, as opposed to simply a single array formula that stretches across cells B1:C5.

I need to know because (like Excel) I need to prevent the user from trying to change or delete part of an array. Hence deleting B1:B3 is forbidden, but deleting B1:B5 should be allowed.

Anyone know how I can figure this out?

Thanks for any ideas or assistance,

Jonathan

twoArrays.zip

Sarathi D [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 7, 2007 09:56 PM

Hi Jonathan,

We are currently looking into this issue. I will update you the status of the issue within two business days.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Sarathi

Jonathan Hartley
Replied On September 10, 2007 02:51 PM

Thanks Sarathi, we appreciate any help you can give us.

Jonathan Hartley
Replied On September 13, 2007 11:46 AM

Hi there Sarathi,
Just checking to see if there is any progress. Thanks for your time on this.

Jonathan

Jonathan Hartley
Replied On September 19, 2007 10:27 AM

I've escalated this to a DirectTrac incident, 37493

Rajarajeswari S [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 25, 2007 11:23 PM

Hi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Your direct trac incident ID 37493 has been updated. Please follow up twith that incident.

Regards,
Raji

Rajarajeswari S [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 26, 2007 04:16 AM

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Currently we do not have any direct method to get the size of the array. This has been confirmed as a Feature Request. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Raji

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;