We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Overriding selection/activate shading and highlighting

Hopefully you have an easy answer, if you don't, I can generate code for you. I want to override the default selection shading for highlighting in a virtual grid. Specifically, I am trying to generate nice looking highlight by row. I have used your code samples to highlight rows, but the row highlight is augmented by selection and current cell highlighting on the selected and current cells. I would like to explicitly control this shading and highlighting, but I would like to keep the controller action that decides what areas are selected. Thanks for your help, Mark

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 28, 2003 03:10 PM UTC

Have you tried setting the grid.AlphaBlendSelectionColor property to see if that gives you what you want?

MG Mark Griffis August 28, 2003 03:35 PM UTC

> Have you tried setting the grid.AlphaBlendSelectionColor property to see if that gives you what you want? I had tried disabling Alphablending in the AllowSelection, but I hadn't tried setting the AlphaBlendingSelectionColor, which seems obvious now. It does give me what I want. Thanks. I also got rid of the current cell highlighting by cancelling in CurrentCellActivating handler. FYI, the AlphaBlendingSelectionColor will not accept an Alpha of 0 (throws an exception). I used a value of Color.FromArgb(1,0,0,0) to get rid of selection shading. Thanks again. Mark

Loader.
Up arrow icon