We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Highlighting Headers corresponding to the selection

Hello,

Posted on the forum a few years ago is this code:

private void HandleGridSelectionChanged(object sender, GridSelectionChangedEventArgs e)
{
if (sender is GridControl)
{
GridControl grid = (GridControl)sender;
grid.RefreshRange(GridRangeInfo.Row(0));
grid.RefreshRange(GridRangeInfo.Col(0));
}
}

private void HandleGridPrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
GridControl grid = (GridControl)sender;
for (int i = 0; i < grid.Selections.Ranges.Count; i++)
{
GridRangeInfo gri = grid.Selections.Ranges[i];
if ((e.ColIndex >= gri.Left && e.ColIndex <= gri.Right && e.RowIndex == 0) ||
(e.RowIndex >= gri.Top && e.RowIndex <= gri.Bottom && e.ColIndex == 0))
{
e.Style.BackColor = Color.LightBlue;
break;
}
}
}

The purpose of which is to highlight the column and row headers of the selected cells. This code works on a grid that does not have the Office2007 themes enabled but not if they are.

I'm using Office2007 themes in my grid, is it possible to set a property of the cell other than BackColor to highlight it when the theme is enabled?

Thanks,
Ben

1 Reply

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team August 31, 2007 09:21 AM UTC

Hello Ben,

I am sorry about this delay in responding.

And regarding your query, it is not possible to change the back color of the cell(header/row) to highlight it while the grid control's GridVisualStyles property is set. Since while the GridVisualStyles is set, the appearance of the cell( header cell, button type cell etc., ) will get overridden and cannot be changed.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Meera.

Syncfusion, Inc.
http://www.syncfusion.com/

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon