We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Three issues about captions in the docking manager

Hey,
The two first questions refer to syncfusion 4.4, if there is no answer to them in 4.4, I will be glad to get answer for them in syncfusion 5.

There is a caption's label in the docking manager that we can put in it the caption of the control that is included in it. I want to know how can I change the RTL of the caption(thats mean of the control that draw the caption), because the default one (RTL=false) causes the text in the caption to be shown confused.

The second qustion:
When I have 2 or more controls that are included in the docking manager, so except from the caption label, we have the tabs of the docking manager that have the same text.
Can I make the text in the tab to be another text from what is written in the caption's label ?

And the last one,
How can I make the tabs to be with a parmanent width (so if there are some tabs in the docking manager, and one of them include long text, the tab's width won't be the width of the text but shorter)

8 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team September 4, 2007 01:43 AM UTC

Hi Yoni,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

1. We regret for the inconvenience caused. I have tested this issue in v.5.2.0.16. I am afraid, I was not able to reproduce this issue. I have attached my test sample

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/67773/main.htm

Could you please check the sample and let me know whether you are able to reproduce the issue in this sample?. It would be helpful if you provide a sample or modify the attached sample to reproduce this issue. It will help us to resolve it as early as possible.

2. If your intention is to change the text of the dock tab then please refer to the following code snippet

void dockingManager1_NewDockStateEndLoad(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
//To activate the Category tab at startup
this.dockingManager1.ActivateControl(this.Category);

//To set the caption of the docked window having Tasks & Category tabs
DockHost dhost = this.Tasks.Parent as DockHost;
dhost.Text = "Tasks & Categories";
DockHost dhost1 = this.Category.Parent as DockHost;
dhost1.Text = "Tasks & Categories";

//to change the tab order
DockHost dhost2 = this.Tasks.Parent as DockHost;
DockHostController dhc = dhost2.InternalController as DockHostController;
if ((dhc.ParentController != null) && (dhc.ParentController is DockTabController))
{
DockTabController dtc = dhc.ParentController as DockTabController;
DockTabControl tabcontrol = dtc.TabControl as DockTabControl;

TabPageAdv tab1 = tabcontrol.TabPages[0];
TabPageAdv tab2 = tabcontrol.TabPages[1];
tabcontrol.Controls.Clear();
tabcontrol.Controls.AddRange(new Control[] { tab2, tab1 });
tab1.Text = "NewTab1";
tab2.Text = "NewTab2";

}

}

I have attached the sample that demonstrates this completely. In this sample youy can tab text of Tasks & categories docked controls. You can download the sample from the following page.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/67773_Sep3/main.htm

Please refer to the sample and let me know if you have any questions.

3. We are currently analyzing this issue. We will update you with in a couple of days.

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

Regards,
Nagaraj

YO Yoni September 5, 2007 04:56 AM UTC

hey,
thanks for the second answer it is very helpful.
The first issue, which the caption's text get confused, happens when you combine two different rtl languages like Hebrew and English. How can I fix this problem ? Is there ZRTL property in the title bar to change the rtl ?

thanks,
yoni

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team September 7, 2007 12:42 AM UTC

Hi Yoni,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. The issue mentioned here is suspected to be a defect and we have sent this to our development team for more analysis. We will update you once we get back from our development team.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nagaraj

YO Yoni December 27, 2007 09:39 PM UTC

Hi,
Does this issue has an answer ?

>Hi Yoni,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. The issue mentioned here is suspected to be a defect and we have sent this to our development team for more analysis. We will update you once we get back from our development team.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nagaraj

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team December 31, 2007 10:04 PM UTC

Hi Yoni ,

I regret for this long delay in getting this issue solved. Our developer have been repeatedly encountered with some issues that makes this delay in getting this issue resolved. We will try to fix the issues at the earliest possible for sure. Please open a new Direct trac incident (mention the forum link in the subject line). We will update you once we get back from our development team.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion product

Regards,
Nagaraj

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team January 10, 2008 11:26 PM UTC

Hi Yoni ,

I have consulted with our developer. In the latest version (v6.1), the RTL of docked control seems to be worked as the Form. Please refer to the following screen shot.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Image_a5d0c7b8.zip

But our DockingManager is a container. the panel is the host control of docking manager. In general we are using the container, the RightToLeft behavior works alignment. We are using control means, the RightToLeft behavior works well.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Nagaraj

MA Manopriya Syncfusion Team January 22, 2008 06:14 AM UTC

Hi Yoni,

The issue of 'Form RightToLeft property not working properly for button text when using text with Hebrew and Eng' has been confirmed as a defect and a defect report has been created. You can track the status of this defect in the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=6972

We will get back to you once this issue has been fixed.

Regards,
Manopriya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 19, 2008 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Yoni,

The issue of 'Form RightToLeft property not working properly for button text when using text with Hebrew and Eng' has been fixed. The fix for this defect is available in our Development build v6.2.0.10.

Please refer the below link for the weekly development build updates.
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/build.aspx

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Manopriya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon