We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Intellisense parsing engine

Hi, I need to use Intellisense for a cpp project. Is there a parsing engine available to parse the classes, or do I have to write my own in order to fill out the dropdowns when receiving a ContextChoicePopup event? Thanks

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 27, 2003 03:56 PM UTC

Hi Bruno, Essential Edit provides intellisense support for all the major programming languages like VB,C#, C++, Java etc. You can find the entire list in \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Edit\Samples\Ini Files All you need to do is to set the SettingFile property of the editControl to that particular Ini file (in your case set it to .CPPIni) Please refer to the following code in the Edit sample in \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Edit\Samples\IntelliSenseFunctions\CS\ editControl1.SettingFile = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl.VBIni; Here the intellisense support is for a VB project. Let me know if this is the information you are looking for. Regards, Guru Patwal.

GP Gurucharan Patwal Syncfusion Team August 27, 2003 08:01 PM UTC

Hi Bruno Sorry I misunderstood your question, while Essential Edit has Intellisense support, the population of the drop-down is to be implemented by the Developer. This has been a feature which has been requested by quite a few of our customers, but there are no immediate plans. Thanks Guru Patwal

BV Bruno Vais August 29, 2003 11:29 AM UTC

In this case can you point me to a class parser that I could use? Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 3, 2003 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Bruno, Please take a look at the link below : http://groups.google.com/groups?q=*C%2B%2B+class+parser*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=4fup96%24nv4%40news-sop.inria.fr&rnum=10 This might be useful to you. Please do consider the copyright issues if you decide to use the information on it. Another approach would be to write your own parser by using reflection to get information about the members in a class. Thanks, Guru Patwal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon