I am using Syncfusion 126.96.36.199 and .net 2.0 (VS 2005).
I am using a User control in the dropdown by using the GridDropDownCellRenderer. I have created a new DropDownUserCellRenderer by deriving from the GridDropDownCellRenderer. I need to use a list of check boxes in the dropdown. The control has a list of check boxes, a save and cancel button. On save the changed values will be updated in the cell. Cancel will ignore those changes. Also I have created a new cell model DropDownUserCellModel which derives from the GridDropDownCellModel. In my application, i am using the GridControl. For the cell types i am using the DropDownUserCellModel. I have the gridControl present in a model dialog which has an Ok and cancel button. On pressing the cancel button, the values in the first column will be cleared out. The same thing has to happen in Dialog close. The dialog will be shown from the main form(by clicking show button).
The problem I have now is that when closing the dialog, the dropdown cells do not clear all the values even though i place an empty text in the cells. Only the last made changes are not cleared. To simulate this run the application(attached).
1. Click show button in main form.
2. In the new dialog that shows up, all the 4 cells will have drodown cell model.
3. Change vlaues by clicking on the values in first column(say change it to check all the three items in the dropdown list) for both the rows.
4. Now close the dialog and again open it by clicking the show button.
5. Values in one of the rows in first column will be cleared (I have cleared values in both the rows on the first column). The values that are changes last will not be cleared. But If cancel button is pressed, which does call the same method will clear out the changes.
I guess there is a problem with GridDropDownCellModel or GridDropDownCellRenderer when using a custom control inside the cell. Kindly let me know If this is a known issue or Is there any work around for this issue.