We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Exception in Chart Control

Hi i am using Syncfusion chart Control V4.4 and i faced a issue in ChartControl, whenever i'll open the graph and close it by pressing escape key more than 3-4 times continously . then our Application throws Expecption :-
Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'ChartControl'.

Pl'z see the Attachment with it.

exception.zip

5 Replies

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team August 20, 2007 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Gourav,

Thank you for your details and screenshot.

Are you customize the Esc Key in any event handler and handling the dispose?

Could you please try reproducing the ObjectDisposeException in any one of the browser sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

GN Gourav Nayyar August 23, 2007 08:22 AM UTC

Hi Jeba
Thanks for your solution , but sorry i did mistake while writing this query . the mistake is that i am not pressing Escape key 3-4 times Continously.
The Issue is if i closed my GraphForm by pressing Escape Key , then after again opening and closing 3-4 times , my form throws Exception as mentioned already(In attachment).

>Hi Gourav,

Thank you for your details and screenshot.

Are you customize the Esc Key in any event handler and handling the dispose?

Could you please try reproducing the ObjectDisposeException in any one of the browser sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Best Regards,
Jeba.

exception.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2007 01:53 PM UTC

Hi Gourav,

Thank you for your details.

Could you please provide more detials on how you are closing the GraphForm by pressing Escape Key ?

Are you handling Key down event like this?

private void Form1_KeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
{
if (e.KeyCode == Keys.Escape)
this.Close();
}

I would really appreciate it if you could provide us a sample code that exhibits this behavior.

Thank you for being patient.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

GN Gourav Nayyar August 27, 2007 08:08 AM UTC

Hi Jeba
i am sending you the code that i have written for closing Graph Form. Basically we write a common method for closing any forms by pressing Escape key in our mainform.
so iam sending you the code of Mainform KeyPress event code and graph form formclosing code . just have a look and send me solution as soon as possible.

>Hi Gourav,

Thank you for your details.

Could you please provide more detials on how you are closing the GraphForm by pressing Escape Key ?

Are you handling Key down event like this?

private void Form1_KeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
{
if (e.KeyCode == Keys.Escape)
this.Close();
}

I would really appreciate it if you could provide us a sample code that exhibits this behavior.

Thank you for being patient.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

exception Code.zip

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team August 28, 2007 05:18 AM UTC

Hi Gourav,

Thank you for your code snippets and attachment.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. I have created a sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F67471/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Please refer the tested video file:
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ChartVideo_4db11f02.zip

Best Regards,
Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon