We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Styling Docked and Un-Docked windows

I need to "brand" the windows in both docked and undocked mode. Is there a way to apply a style or a datatemplate to the header (or any aspect of) the dockable window?

Thanks,

Paul

5 Replies

VM Venugopal M Syncfusion Team August 16, 2007 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Paul,

Yes. You can maintain different styling mechanism for different state of dock window using DockStateChanged event. As per the current version, DockingManager have ability to customize the dock window HeaderTemplate, MenuButton and CloseButton template's. Please have a look into the attached sample for more idea. In the attached sample we are maintaining different style's for docked state and floating state of the dock window. Left side dock window have ability for different style. But Right side dock window style is default. Like this you can do with any dockable windows.

Next version of the DockingManager have ability for complete customization such as docking header container style, tab container style, dock window container style, tab caption style and etc. Using this customization support you can create your own visual look and feel of the docking manager like vista glass effect.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Venugopal.

DockingStyle.zip

PA paul.humphreys August 16, 2007 07:11 PM UTC

Thanks Venugopal. However, when I try to download the sample, it keeps bringing me to the Syncfusion support page. Can you send it to my email?

Also, is there a way to supress the behavior for the last pane in the DockManager? I have 4 dockable windows that I'd like to take up the entire overall window, but the last panel I define always comes up non-dockable!

Thanks again for your help.

Paul

VM Venugopal M Syncfusion Team August 17, 2007 04:55 AM UTC

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try with this sample.

As per the WPF ContentPresenter concept docking manager should have a client area for hosting actual application content. So final content of the docking manger should activate as a client area. If you want activate all your four pane as a dock window means, please add one more empty pane as a final child of docking manager.

For example:

--client area pane. It may be any container or control. for instance StackPanel,DockPanel, etc.

Thanks,
Venugopal.

DockingStyle.zip

PA paul.humphreys October 4, 2007 11:17 AM UTC

Hi Venugopal,

I was wondering when the BETA version that contains custom templating of nearly all aspects of dockable windows will be available. I'm getting to the point where I will have to make a decision as to going forward with Syncfusion or setting up a team to develop our own solution.

Thanks,

Paul

VM Venugopal M Syncfusion Team October 4, 2007 04:51 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

We are glad to inform this to you. Next beta of Essential Studio WPF Tools will be available on October 12, 2007. This version will meet all your requirements and some more great features will be available.

Thanks for the interest in Syncfusion products.

Thanks,
Venugopal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon