We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

sample/tutorial/how-to

We are using version 5.1.1 and I am trying since a few days to get into the deep thoughts of your developers, unfortunately without success. The samples we can download/install show allways only parts which I am not able to stick together...

A tutorial for first steps would be great, but where to find?

Well, actually my direct problem is:
I have a GGC bounded on pageload to a table. Doubleclick or simpleclick shall show me the 'properties' of a selected row, means special fields shown in a second control, e.g. a listbox filled with items corresponding to the selected row in the GGC. I am not even capable to start the event doubleclick on a row.
I tried using the CallBackpanel without success same as a default postback.

Can you give me a hint or a link?

1 Reply

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 10, 2007 02:04 PM UTC

Hi Sascha,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

If your intention is to handle a double click event for a row, it can be achieved by using 'CurrentRecordContextChange' event. The default behavior of the gridcontrol when double clicking a row is it goes to the edit mode when double clicking a row. You can cancel this behavior and can use row double click related code inside the 'CurrentRecordContextChange'event

[C#]

public void GridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange(object sender,CurrentRecordContextChangeEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Action == CurrentRecordAction.BeginEditComplete)
{
//Here you can write your code needed for the row double click instead of default editing.
//this.GridGroupingControl1.Table.EndEdit();

e.Cancel = true;
}

}

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please explain me in detail, so that I can work in depth and try to send a better solution?

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon