We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Combine Tree View and Grid View

Hi,

Is there a way to combine a Tree View and a grid view. I have a hierarchy of categories and, each category has a list of attributes. I want to be able to display data for every node in the Tree. something simmilar to this

http://www.obout.com/t2/ex_columns_aligned.aspx

Is there a syncfusion control that can do this.

Thanks,
Jogesh.

4 Replies

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team August 9, 2007 08:31 AM UTC

Hi Jogesh,

Thank you for your details.

If you have hierarchical data in related datatables, then the simplest way to display it is in a hierchical grid would be to either use a GridGroupingControl or a hierarchical GridDataBoundGrid.

Please refer the sample showing how to do this.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F67100/main.htm

Kindly let us know if you need any more information.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

YY Yong Yang May 6, 2009 06:48 PM UTC

Hi Jeba,

Many thanks for your nice example. We have a similar problem that can be coded by either Multicolumn tree view or GridDataBoundGrid.

Could you help me answer the following questions:

1. By the most recent release of Syncfusion 7.2.0.20, is the DataSource (data binding) supported in Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.MultiColumnTreeView.MultiColumnTreeView? If not, will you implement that?

2. Whether the GridDataBoundGrid supports some tree view functionalities, such as hot tracking, whole row selection, and dotted tree lines? If so, how to achieve them?

Looking forward to your reply!

Yong

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team May 7, 2009 09:25 AM UTC

Hi Yong

Issue 2: You can display hierarchical grid with tree lines and indented text in the first column. To achieve this, you must set the GridDataBoundGrid.ShowTreeLines property to true. You can refer the following sample from our dashboard for more details.

Dashboard ---> Windows Form tabs ---> View windows froms samples---> Grid Samples---> Data Bound ---->Hierarchy ---->GDBG Tree Lines Demo

For your first query our Tools Engineer will update you soon.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jisha

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team May 8, 2009 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Yong,

Thank you for your patience.

Currently we do not provide support to 'Add support for databinding with TreeViewAdv and MultiColumnTreeview controls'. This has been confirmed as a Feature Request.

We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon