We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Performance issue in chart control

hi
i am using Syncfusion chart control for showing graph of live data . What we did is ,if user download the data for the graph of particular item and close the graph.
And then it again opens the graph with same item , then our graph first plot the chart with the downloaded file and after that it takes the fresh values.
problem is that if the size of file increase means the data in Downloaded file is more then our graph start taking memory(means first if it will takes 60-70 Mb of memory tehn at this point it starts taking above 220 MB of memory)
but this problem comes when at the same time fresh data is coming for that item from server.

Pl'z suggest me some solution for this problem.

Thanks in Advance
Gourav

5 Replies

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team August 13, 2007 02:16 PM UTC

Hi Gourav.

My apologies for the delay in responding to you.

We have identified this issue of "Memory Usage keeps increasing while refreshing the chart with new datas" to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

GN Gourav Nayyar August 17, 2007 08:40 AM UTC

Hi Ramya
Thanks for suggestion , but is there any other provision to solve this problem. Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance
Gourav

>Hi Gourav.

My apologies for the delay in responding to you.

We have identified this issue of "Memory Usage keeps increasing while refreshing the chart with new datas" to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team August 17, 2007 02:16 PM UTC

Hi Gourav,

Thank you for the update.

There is no workaround to solve this problem.

Please open a incident as said in the previous update, so that our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Thanks,
Ramya.

GN Gourav Nayyar September 14, 2007 12:24 PM UTC

hi Ramya
is there any progress in this issue.

>Hi Gourav,

There is no workaround to solve this problem.

Please open a incident as said in the previous update, so that our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Thanks,
Ramya.

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team September 26, 2007 04:02 AM UTC

Hi Gourav,

On further investigation, we found that the issue "Memory Usage keeps increasing while refreshing the chart with new data’s" is not a bug. It is normal behavior of garbage collector. Garbage collector uses some "lazy" methods of free memory.

Please refer the below article to get more details regarding Garbage Collection:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0xy59wtx.aspx

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon