We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DLL References

Our project is referencing the following DLL's:

Syncfusion.Shared.Base
Syncfusion.Shared.Windows
Syncfusion.Tools.Base
Syncfusion.Tools.Windows

Upon installation on a new machine, the runtime is complaining of missing references. Once we included Syncfusion.Core.dll and Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll the problem went away.

Do my referenced dll's have dependencies upon SF.Core and/or SF.Grid.Windows?

I don't see anyway where I'm using them, yet the runtime needs them.

Thanks,
Steve

6 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team August 6, 2007 08:46 PM UTC

Hi Steve,

Do my referenced dll's have dependencies upon SF.Core and/or SF.Grid.Windows?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Syncfusion.Core.dll is necessary for all syncfusion dependent application. It is used to verify the key licenses information with the product. If you are using the Grid control then you need to add the following the dlls.

Syncfusion.Core.dll
Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll
Syncfusion.Grid.Base.dll
Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll
Syncfusion.Shared.Windows.dll

Best regards,
Haneef

ST Steve August 9, 2007 06:47 PM UTC

It appears that the TabbedMDIManager has a reference to the Syncfusion Grid.

A simple project that uses the tabbedMDIManager will demonstrate, but use it on a machine that doesn't already have the grid.

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team August 9, 2007 11:44 PM UTC

Hi Steve,

We tried to reproduce this in V5.1 by just implement TabbedMDIManager with the GridControl, but could not get this issue. Maybe I am not following the steps that you are doing. Attached sample working fine here. Can you post a small sample showing this problem or tell us how to see it in the Browser sample/Attached sample?

Here is a sample for implementing it.
TabbedMDIManagerWithGrid.zip

If you can provide more information, we can try to suggest some solution.

Best regards,
Haneef

LO Long August 10, 2007 03:29 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Here is a small sample program that shows the dependency issue. The sample only instantiates the TabbedMDIManager which has a dependency on the Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll.
To show that the sample has a dependency on the dll, I am using the installation program Install Aware and having it check the sample for dependencies. Another way to show that it has this dependency is to run the sample on a machine that does not have Syncfusion installed. The sample will be unable to run unless it has the following DLLs: Syncfusion.Core.dll, Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll, Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll, and Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.dll.

Hope this will clear things up,

Long Nguyen

LO Long August 10, 2007 03:43 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I forgot to attach the sample program and when I tried to attach it in another post, the website blows up with a runtime error. Do you have an email that I can send this zip file to?

Thank you,

Long Nguyen

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team August 13, 2007 01:55 PM UTC

Hi Long,

TabbedMDIManager belongs to Essential Tools. Essential Tools depends upon both Grid and Shared.

Please refer to the following link to get more details regarding the dependencies:
http://www2.syncfusion.com/ug/Default.aspx##Essential%20Studio.chm/StartedBase/DistributingEssential__________.html

Kindly let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon