We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is there a way to find out if the current text is in the listbox

Using the comboboxext is there a way to find out if the text currently in the textbox also in the listbox without having to enumerat through each item? For example i have a comboboxext in which you can select an item in the combobox or type your own in. if the item typed in is not in the comboboxext then i need to get some user input to configure the new item. before all i had to do was if (comboBoxExt1.ListControl.SelectedIndex == -1) { // item is not in listcontrol. // configuration code here } now with the newest version it is no longer the case. What is another way to do this? TIA, Peter

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2003 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Peter, Sorry for the delayed response. This can be accomplished by adding the following code in the ComboBoxBase Validating event handler. this.comboBoxBase1.UpdatePopupControl(); Please refer to the code sample attached. Regards, Guru Patwal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon