We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

to maintain cursor in cell

hi,
i am using grid grouping control and opening lookup when i try to type in cell.when i select a value and insert in cell.Black square bracket remains at boundary of that cell.But tablecontrol_currentcellkeyPressed event is not fired when i try to type in cell .So i want to know , which function should i use so that cursor should remain in cell.

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 30, 2007 03:26 PM UTC

Hi Swaminath,

This is a default behavior when the dropdownstyle is set to Exclusive. You can try changing the dropdownstyle for the comboboxcells in the grid to AutoComplete or Editable. This will fetch you the desired behavior. Below is a code snippet

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[0].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.Editable;

Best regards,
Haneef

SD swaminath dhavane July 31, 2007 06:54 AM UTC

hi
there is no combo boxes in my grid.just a cell and i want to retain currsor in cell when one assigns or updates cell value.

>Hi Swaminath,

This is a default behavior when the dropdownstyle is set to Exclusive. You can try changing the dropdownstyle for the comboboxcells in the grid to AutoComplete or Editable. This will fetch you the desired behavior. Below is a code snippet

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[0].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.Editable;

Best regards,
Haneef

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 31, 2007 05:27 PM UTC

Hi Swaminath,

You can try calling the BeginEdit method to enter the edit mode in a grid after updating the currrentcell. Please try these code and let me know if this helps.

this.grid.Focus();
this.grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo(row,col);
this.grid.CurrentCell.BeginEdit();

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon