We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

wrap records into two or more grids or column arrays

Hi, I need to display as many dataset records on the screen as possible so was hoping to either: 1) bind one recordset to two grids; or 2) list two or more data records side-by-side on one row of the grid. eg: col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 col6 item name desc item name desc ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== rec0 rec0 rec0 rec3 rec3 rec3 rec1 rec1 rec1 rec4 rec4 rec4 rec2 rec2 rec2 rec5 rec5 rec5 The challenge i can see is navigating such a spread of records. I would very much appreciate any suggestions on how best to implement this. Regards Peter

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 19, 2003 10:25 PM UTC

I would try to do this using a virtual GridControl. In the QueryCellInfo event, you would have to map the e.RowIndex and e.ColIndex to the proper position in the DataTable that holds your dataitem for this position. Then you would set e.Style.Text = this.dataTable1.Rows[row][col].ToString() where row and col are the mapped values for e.RowIndex and e.ColIndex.

PS Peter Schonefeld August 20, 2003 09:46 PM UTC

Thanks for the advice Clay. Pete

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon