We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Set textbox by a link

Hi, there.

I need to set a value of a textbox by clicking on a link (or region) on the HTMLui. I´m creating a dictionary and, in some word, it have a link to other word. Example: when you search for fruits, in the end show examples like: bananas, apples, oranges and this 3 fruits is clickable to this own words. So, how can I, por example, create a link "banana" and when the user click on this link, the text "banana" show up in a textbox field??? I´m using VS2005.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,

William

17 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 24, 2007 02:19 PM UTC

Hi,

You can set a value of a textbox by clicking on a link by using Bookmarks. Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/HTMLUI/64736/main.htm

In this sample there is a link "banana" and when the user click on this link, the text "banana" will show up in the textbox field.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Thanks,
Melba

WN William Neves da Silva July 25, 2007 02:13 AM UTC

Hi, Melba.

Thanks for the very quick response. Sorry to bother you, but can you send me a VB code?

Thanks,

William

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 26, 2007 03:42 AM UTC

Hi William,

Here is the VB sample:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/HTMLUI/64736_1/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

WN William Neves da Silva July 26, 2007 11:40 PM UTC

Hi, Melba.

Thanks again. It´s almost finished. The click is working, but is working in the entire html, no just in the link. If there is a link on the html code, anywhere I click is starting the process of send data to textbox. I need to send data to textbox only by clicking on the link. How can I make only the link area send the data?

Best regards,

William Neves

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 27, 2007 02:30 PM UTC

Hi William,

You can send data to textbox by clicking on the link using LinkClicked event.

[VB.Net]

Private Sub htmluiControl1_LinkClicked(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI.LinkForwardEventArgs) Handles htmluiControl1.LinkClicked

Me.textBox2.Text = html

End Sub

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/HTMLUI/64736_1/main.htm

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

WN William Neves da Silva July 28, 2007 02:50 AM UTC

Hi, Melba.

It´s almost done. One last trouble. Sometimes the page will have various links (banana, orange, apple) and I need that every link send a particular data to textbox. I text the last file that you send me and every link send the same data, the last one. Can you help me on this last one?

Thanks again,

William Neves

WN William Neves July 31, 2007 08:39 PM UTC

Hi, Melba.

It´s almost done. One last trouble. Sometimes the page will have various links (banana, orange, apple) and I need that every link send a particular data to textbox. I test the last file that you send me and every link send the same data, the last one. Can you help me on this last one?

Thanks again,

William Neves

WN William Neves August 1, 2007 08:54 PM UTC

Hi, Melba.

Can I you help me on this? I need to solve the problem of various links. Do you have any solution for me?

Thanks again,

William

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team August 3, 2007 02:29 AM UTC

Hi William,

I have created a sample that handles bubbling events. This will display the text of the selected hyperlink in the text box when clicked in the HtmlUi control. Please have a look at the sample and let me know if you have any queries.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/HTMLUI/f66734/main.htm

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Thanks,
Ramu

WN William Neves da Silva August 10, 2007 01:56 AM UTC

Hi, there.

Something strange happens. The link code was working fine. But, when I install the 5.1.1.0 version, it simple stopped.

I´m sending a very simple sample that should work, but nothing happens. Please, guys, help me on this.

Best regards.

William Neves

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team August 10, 2007 02:22 PM UTC

Hello William Neves,

I have tested this sample in v5.1.1.0 and it is working fine in this version. I am sorry but if I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please explain me in detail, or send a sample to reproduce the issue? So that I can work in depth and try to send a better solution.

Thanks for your support to Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Meera.

Syncfusion, Inc.
http://www.syncfusion.com/

WN William Neves da Silva August 10, 2007 07:19 PM UTC

Hi, Meera.

Sorry, I was unable to send a sample (the form show an error). Anyway, I solved the problem and I'm already using the 5.1.1.0 version. But, there is another one, that I guest it is a bug. Sometimes, a link is displayed, but the "click area" of this link is above where should be. Is like the area to click was moved to top. I'm solving this putting a
, so the link go to the next line and work fine. There is any report of this kind of trouble?

Thanks,

William Neves

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team August 13, 2007 11:59 PM UTC

Hi William,

We regret for the inconvenience caused. I have tested this issue in v.4.4.0.51. I am afraid, I was not able to reproduce this issue
I have attached my test sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/HTMLUI/f66734/main.htm

Could you please check the sample and let me know whether you are able to reproduce the issue in this sample?. It would be helpful if you provide a sample or modify the attached sample to reproduce this issue. It will help us to resolve it as early as possible.

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

Regards,
Nagaraj

WN William Neves da Silva August 15, 2007 02:49 AM UTC

Hi, Nagaraj.

I´m trying to send a file to you, but the this form is showing the error "Server Error in '/' Application.". I can´t send you the file. Please, give me a email address or look to the form forum problem sending files. I kind in a hurry to solve this link problem.

Thank,

William

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team August 18, 2007 07:52 PM UTC

Hi William,

I regret for the inconvenience caused. Please send me the file to the below email.

support@syncfusion.com
subject: Forum 64736.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team August 22, 2007 12:00 AM UTC

Hi William,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. The issue mentioned here is suspected to be a defect and we have sent this to our development team for more analysis. Please open a new Direct trac incident (mention the forum link in the subject line). We will update you once we get back from our development team.

Regards,
Nagaraj

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team September 13, 2007 12:21 PM UTC

Hi William,

This issue "HTML links are not working properly as desired" was fixed in Essential Studio v5.2 Final - v5.2.0.25 . Your direct-Trac incident #36836 has been updated with the fix details. Please follow this issue in incident #36836.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon