We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problem with Form Edit modes

Hi ,
I have a problem using TableDescriptor.FormEditMode ,when I turn it to Multiextended I got the Exception Message :
"Selection is not supported unless at least one Primary Key Column is added to the TableDescriptor. Turn off row selection or add a PrimaryKeyColumn" ,I tried to add a Key column but it did not work out ,I got Analyse Eroorr Massage in which indicate that the key column is ambigiously defined . I don't know how to fix this issue

Waiting for your help
Thank you

Yacinus

6 Replies

VA Valli Syncfusion Team July 31, 2007 02:05 PM UTC

Hi Yacinus,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

I am afraid that I am able to reproduce the issue specified by you.

Attached is the sample in which you can use the 'FormEditMode' for editing and the selection type has been set to 'Multextended'.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/5.1.0.51/Forum-64541/main.htm

When more than one records are selected and when you enter into the 'Editing' mode, the editing works for the last row which you have selected.

Could you please reproduce the issue in the above attached sample?

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Valli

YY Yarius Yacinus August 1, 2007 10:16 AM UTC

Hi valli,
thanks for your reply,I would like to know when using normal edit mode ,how to get cells values of the edited row,because I want to save changes made to this row into my database.

Ragards,
Yacinus.

VA Valli Syncfusion Team August 2, 2007 07:34 AM UTC

Hi Yacinus,

Below attached sample helps you to retrieve the details of the 'Edited' records.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/5.1.0.51/Forum-64541-1/main.htm

The Server side event GridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange will help you to get the details of the Edited record as well as AddNew records.

Please try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Regards,
Valli

YY Yarius Yacinus August 10, 2007 03:40 PM UTC

Hi valli ,
thanks for your responses,Actually I want to know how to edit not all the selected rows cells using the code,because I didn't found that in the GGC documentation.To edit rows I used the property Edit mode turn to multiextended using the designer.

Regards,

Yacinus

SD Sarathi D Syncfusion Team August 21, 2007 01:48 AM UTC

HiYacinus,

Thank you for the sample.

We are seriously working on this issue.

I will update you the status of the incident within one business day.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Sarathi

SD Sarathi D Syncfusion Team August 22, 2007 01:48 AM UTC

Hi Yacinus,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

The question you’ve posted has raised some very significant issues, as this might be a Feature Request. We will get back to you within 2 business days with a complete response after due analysis of these issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Sarathi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon