We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

catching end of update from dataview

is there an event that fires when the grid finishes refreshing from the dataview. or is there a way to see if the databound grid is currently being sync'd with the dataview TIA, Peter

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 13, 2003 06:27 AM UTC

The GridDataBoundGrid.Binder.ItemChanged is raised for each change from your DataSource. The grid does not know when your datasource has 'finished updating', it only knows that an item was changed. So, this event is fired for each change. If you have access to teh datasource, and can raise an event that indicates the datasource is finished updating, then you could subscribe to the event to know this has occurred. But without this additional information from the datasource itself, I don't know of a way to get it from the grid. If your updates are always row by row, then the GridDataBoundGrid.Binder.ItemChanged can tell you when a row has completed updating, but again it does not know whether this is the last row to be updated or not.

PE Peter August 13, 2003 11:22 AM UTC

The problem is that if I am getting data from the dataView1 on dataView1_ListChanged the grid does not draw properly. Thus resulting in a blank grid. The rows are there but the data is not.

PE Peter August 13, 2003 11:27 AM UTC

right now to make it work im having the ListChanged event start a timer and after 100ms it fires, this way avoiding the problem. This of course is a broken fix because if the data is big enough and it takes more than 100ms to load it will not refresh on the grid properly. two things can help one the event after the grid is refreshed or a workaround. or second a property that can let me know if the grid is currently refreshing.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 13, 2003 12:34 PM UTC

Normally, if you set grid.DataSource = myDataView, and the dataview changes itself, then the grid should reflect the change without you having to do anything. Can you post a little sample showing the problem you are having, or submit a Direct Trac support incident with a sample? If so, maybe we can spot what is failing here.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon