We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

numerictextbox and CSS

Hi,
I am currently evaluating the Essential Tools for ASP.NET suite. I'm running ASP.NET 2.0 and VS 2005, a demo license for Syncfusion, and IE 6.0.
I am having a little trouble using CSS and the NumericTextBox. I’m hoping you can help me.
In my aspx file, I have a style section in my header like:

Then I apply that style to my numeric text box:

The problem is, the margin setting is taking effect, but the background color for the control is not. It remains white. Can you tell me why I can’t set the background color using CSS?
Thanks,
Ted

2 Replies

TK Ted Konkel July 19, 2007 12:25 AM UTC

One more thing about the NumericTextBox control. I entered a value for the ToolTip property then ran the page. When I hovered my cursor over the field, I didn't see my text. Instead, I saw a default tooltip indicating the range of the field. I don't have a problem with the control having a default tooltip, but why can't I override it with my own if I choose to?
Thanks,
Ted

VA Valli Syncfusion Team July 19, 2007 05:51 AM UTC

Hi Ted,

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion products.

1) As specified by you when the css style is defined to change the background color of the Numeric Textbox, the color is not getting applied.

2) When you define 'Tooltip' for the Numeric Textbox, the newly defined tooltip gets displayed only when you hover the mouse over the scrollbar of the Numeric Textbox. While moving the mouse over Text Area of the Numeric Textbox only the default tooltip indicating the range value is getting displayed.

We have identified these issues to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident with the title as 'Forum 64359 - Numeric Textbox and CSS' in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Regards,
Valli

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon