We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Column Drag and Drop

Hi,

I have 2 Grids on one of my windows. The top grid does some custom analytic's on the data from the other grid. I want to be able to drag the column from the lower grid and capture it on the another grid.

All I want is the column name so that I can do some further analytics on it.

I tried a couple of events like "DragDrop" and "DragEnter", but none of them work.

Any help would be Appreciated it.

Thanks,
Jogesh.

3 Replies

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team July 18, 2007 07:38 PM UTC

Hi Jogesh,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Please refer to the following browser sample shipped with the product that helps in drag and drop between grids.
\\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\DragDropSupport\OleDragDrop

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Rajagopal

JM Jogesh Menon July 24, 2007 03:51 PM UTC

Hi, Raj,

The example you sent is helpful. In your example, we select a range of cells. I need to drag and drop entire columns. More importantly I need to get the name of the column which I am trying to drag from. When I select the entire column, I am not able to drop into the other grid.

Is there a way I can drop entire columns from one grid to another. (Get the entire data in the column with the "Column Name".)

Thanks,
Jogesh.

>Hi Jogesh,

Please refer to the following browser sample shipped with the product that helps in drag and drop between grids.
\\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\DragDropSupport\OleDragDrop

Regards,
Rajagopal

JM Jogesh Menon July 31, 2007 06:09 PM UTC

Hi, Raj,

I am still waiting on this issue. If you could revert to me, that would be great.

Thanks,
Jogesh

>Hi, Raj,

The example you sent is helpful. In your example, we select a range of cells. I need to drag and drop entire columns. More importantly I need to get the name of the column which I am trying to drag from. When I select the entire column, I am not able to drop into the other grid.

Is there a way I can drop entire columns from one grid to another. (Get the entire data in the column with the "Column Name".)

Thanks,
Jogesh.

>Hi Jogesh,

Regards,
Rajagopal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon