We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Save RibbonControl QuickAccessToolbar

Hi, is it possible to save the items the user has added to their quick access toolbar on the ribbon control? Currently each time you start the application the quick access toolbar is empty and your previous configuration is lost.

Thanks

9 Replies

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team July 10, 2007 02:14 PM UTC

Hi Kris,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

With the current implementation, I am afraid that it is not possible to persist the QuickAccessToolbar.

"Thanks for suggesting this valuable feature of "Add support to persist the QuickAccessToolbar in RibbonControlAdv" to enhance our product. We have logged it as a feature request and notified our development team. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented."

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Rashidha.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2009 06:57 AM UTC

Hi,

Is it implemented this issue? i.e. Add support to persist the QuickAccessToolbar in RibbonControlAdv. If so, please tell how can I persist?

Thanks
-Raj

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2009 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Raj,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We are glad to inform you that this feature has been implemented and it is available in our latest Syncfusion Essential Studio and previous versions.

Syncfusion Essential Studio 2009 Volume 1 final release is available for download.

Download link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/redirect.aspx?version=7.1.0.21&source=cache&file=syncfusionessentialstudiosetup [242MB]

Unlock key:

If your Essential Studio license is current, you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac. Otherwise, please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

This release contains several new features in addition to this feature .You can refer the new features in our website from the below provided link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/products/whatsnew/winwhatsnew.aspx

SaveState and LoadState methods are added for this support.

SaveState and LoadState methods of RibbonControlAdv helps you to save the following ribbon information.

1) Persist the items in the QuickAccessToolBar added through the "Customize Quick Access ToolBar".
2) Persist the collapsed/expanded state of the ribbonPanel.
3) Persist the position of the QuickAccessToolBar, either below or above the ribbon panel.

Please refer the sample below and let me know if this helps you.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/39745/main.htm

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2009 03:28 AM UTC

Hi,

Even I am using 6.4.0.15, I am not getting user added items on quick access toolbar when I login into application next time.

What do I do, to get user added items on quick access toolbar?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2009 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Raj,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The issue 'RibbonControlAdv data is not persisted after application startup' has been fixed and the fix for this issue is available in Essential Studio 2009 Volume 1 final release.

Please refer the video clip below that illustrates the fix.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/39745/video/main.htm

Please let me know if any concern.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 26, 2009 05:55 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for responce.
Above attached vidio clip seems to work fine. But, in my side after clicking 'Save' button then while try to close the appliaction, it is raising an exception is called 'TargetInvokationException was unhandled', as shown in the attached screen shot.
How can avoid such exception?

Exception_b5e9fb6.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 26, 2009 05:58 AM UTC

Sorry, I did not mention above. I tried in syncufsion's v7.2.0.3.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2009 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the update.

The development build 7.2.0.3 is not stable version and it is not recommended to upgrade. Please upgrade to our latest Syncfusion Essential Studio 2009 Volume 1 final release (7.1.0.30) that includes this fix.

Download link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Unlock key:

If your Essential Studio license is current, you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac. Otherwise, please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 13, 2009 06:36 AM UTC

Hi,

Toolbars are saving currectly when QAT placed at above the Ribbon, but if QAT placed at below the Ribbon every login to the application one bar item is missed from QAT for the below scenario.

public Form1()
{
InitializeComponent();
this.ribbonControlAdv1.LoadState();
}
private void Form1_FormClosing(object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
{
this.ribbonControlAdv1.SaveState();
}

Keep SaveState() in constuctor, LoadState() method in Form_closing event.
Eg: 3 baritems are saved, when login next time 2 baritem will be shown, again login next time 1 baritem will be shown and next login no bar item will be shown.
I am using 7.2.0.20

Thanks
-Raj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon