We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Fill large amounts of data into GridControl

I'm using the GridControl as the data editor.If data is very large(say over 10,000 records),the data filling speed is quite slow.Is there any way to improve the speed? the way I use like below: this.gridControl1.RowCount = recordCount; this.gridControl1.BeginUpdate(); while(!obj.TableRecordEOF()) { count++; string[] record =...; for(int i=0;i
2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2003 06:57 AM UTC

I think you can speed things up considerably by avoiding the use of the indexer on the grid, and instead, directly populate the GridData object. Doing so, will avoid multiple events that are fired as you use an indexer on the grid object. So, outside of your loops, get a reference to the GridData object. GridData data = this.gridControl1.Data; Then inside your loops, instead of this.gridControl1.Model[count,i+1].Text =record[i]; try GridStyleInfo style = new GridStyleInfo(); style.Text = record[i]; data[count, i+1] = style.Store;

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 12, 2003 12:55 AM UTC

Thanks Clay, the way you suggested is perfect. Kaifeng Chen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon