We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Visual Studio.NET / Syncfusion Help Integration

I've had to reinstall the Syncfusion grid stuff after a hard drive crash. I seem to recall that prior to the crash, the syncfusion HTML help stuff was integrated into the VS.NET IDE. But since reinstalling the Syncfusion stuff isn't integrated into the IDE. Is there a quick way to force this integration? Also, and perhaps related, the context-aware pop-up syntax help for certain Syncfusion classes does not appear to be working. For example, when I type gdbg1 then press the period, I can see "ModelChanged" in the list of class members, but cannot see "Model", although I can type "Model" in and work with it - in other words it builds, the API assistance (or whatever it's called just doesn't seem to be working). Any ideas?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2003 04:59 AM UTC

A couple of things to check. In the Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Help\Class Reference folder, there should be 5 files, 4 about 1KB, and 1 about 27MB. If this is not the case, then you would have to re-install (a full version, not a patch) to get them. To see intellisense, the Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies folder should contain xml files for each of the libraries you use. If these files are not there, you might be able to run the Assembly Manager (from the Syncfusion part of teh Start menu) to reset these. Otherwise, reinstalling should do it. Within VS, to see the Syncfusion Help, you must have your help filters set to none. Sometimes, just closing Visual Studio (or rebooting) will reset the intellisense so things start working again. If the help files are in the folder, and you cannot see them when you set the VS help filters to none, then they may need to be registered (again) with the help system. If you submit a Direct Trac support incident, we can forward you a little utility along with information on how to do this.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon