We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GDBG w/Hidden or zero-width columns (I'm confused)

I have an application with two grids. One is non-daba-bound, the other is a GDBG bound to a DataSet. As the user moves around in the cells of the upper grid, I fetch different data-sets (with different column layouts) and rebind it to the GDBG using the following code: this.followerGrid.BeginUpdate ( ); this.followerGrid.DataSource = ds; this.followerGrid.DataMember = ds.Tables[0].TableName; this.followerGrid.Model.ColWidths.ResizeToFit (sfGrid.GridRangeInfo.Table(), sfGrid.GridResizeToFitOptions.IncludeHeaders | sfGrid.GridResizeToFitOptions.NoShrinkSize ); this.followerGrid.Invalidate ( ); this.followerGrid.EndUpdate ( ); For some reason, when the user shrinks a column width down to nothing, the GDBG seems to "remember" that and when I rebing the GDBG to a new DataSet, it doesn't display all the columns. I cannot figure out what to reset or clear to cause the GDBG to stop hiding/collapsing the size=zero column(s). I tried... this.followerGrid.GridBoundColumns.Clear(); ... prior to assigning the new dataset, but that didn't have any effect. Help?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2003 05:19 PM UTC

After setting the datasource, try gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColWidths.ResetRange(0, this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColCount); gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Cols.Hidden.ResetRange(0, this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColCount); gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ResetVolatileData(); to see if this resets the resized columns and hidden columns.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2003 11:01 PM UTC

That did the trick, as usual. Thanks again.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon