We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Set Values in Grid Grouping Control

Hi,
I am using a GGC,I loop through it and when I Use the statement GGC.Table.Records[index].setValue("ColumnName",Value] I get nothing displayed in the GGC record.
I would like to know if there is other way to set a value in specified cells of GG
Thanks

Yacinus

3 Replies

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team July 4, 2007 09:08 PM UTC

Hi Yacinus,

we can able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. Binding the GridGroupingControl using the DataSourceID was causing this issue. To Get rid of this issue please follow one of the following method.

Method 1:

Invoke the page DataBind method in code behind as shown below will solves this issue.

//Binds the Datasource to the Invoked server control and all its child control.
this.DataBind();

Method 2:

Instead of using the DataSourceID binding the GridGroupingControl using the DataSource property will solves this issue. Please refer to the below code snippet.

this.GridGroupingControl1.DataSource = AccessDataSource1;

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar B

YY Yarius Yacinus July 5, 2007 08:29 AM UTC

Hi Gollukumar

In fact both methods didn't solve the issue ,when I use this.dataBind I get the exception message System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Regards ,

Yacinus

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 5, 2007 05:31 PM UTC

Hi Yacinus,

Thanks for posting your query to us.

We afraid that we are not able to reproduce the issue. Please refer to the following steps that we tried to reproduce it.

* We bind the Grid to AccessDataSourceControl using the DataSourceID.
* We invoked this.DataBind() in the Page_load event.
* And then we tried to loop through the Grid Record and used the SetValue method for the index specified.

Also we have create a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/5.1.0.51/F63481/GridGroupingControl_Forum63481/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, Could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a soultion.

Regards,
Gokulkumar B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon