We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion DLLs loading is very slow

Hi,
I'm using Syncfusion version 5.102.0.51 under Visual Studio .NET 2005 (SP1) on a recent computer (Intel Core 2 1.2Go - 2Go RAM)

I've created a windows application with the wizard (so I only have an empty windows form). When I compile and run it, it runs instantly.
I've added a Syncfusion control (Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.EditableList) to the form and now, it takes more than 30 seconds to run (even when I launch the .exe outside of Visual Studio).

When I look at the debug output, it seems like it's the loading of a syncfusion DLL that takes 25 seconds:
'WindowsApplication1.vshost.exe' (Managé) : 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Syncfusion.Core\5.102.0.51__632609b4d040f6b4\Syncfusion.Core.dll' chargé, chargement des symboles ignoré. Le module est optimisé et l'option du débogueur 'Uniquement mon code' est activée.

I've noticed the same thing on other computers using the same version of syncfusion.

In another already existing project (using the same syncfusion version), we have the same problem when loading the following DLLs:

'Editor.exe' (Managé) : 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Syncfusion.Tools.Windows\5.102.0.51__3d67ed1f87d44c89\Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.dll' chargé, aucun symbole chargé.
'Editor.exe' (Managé) : 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Syncfusion.Shared.Base\5.102.0.51__3d67ed1f87d44c89\Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll' chargé, aucun symbole chargé.
'Editor.exe' (Managé) : 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Syncfusion.Core\5.102.0.51__632609b4d040f6b4\Syncfusion.Core.dll' chargé, aucun symbole chargé.

What's more, during the compilation, Visual Studio gets completely stuck for more than 30 seconds on the license compilation step (with LC.exe).

In the licenses.licx file, I only have the following line:
Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core

So I've tried to run LC.exe from the command line:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin\LC.exe" /target:Editor.exe /complist:licenses.licx /outdir:obj\Debug\ /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Syncfusion.Core.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Syncfusion.Grid.Base.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Syncfusion.HTMLUI.Base.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Syncfusion.HTMLUI.Windows.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Syncfusion.Scripting.Base.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Syncfusion.Shared.Windows.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Syncfusion.Tools.Base.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.dll" .dll /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\Syncfusion.MIME.Base.dll" /i:C:\Mathieu\ThalesTrunk\Thales\Common\Dictionaries\bin\Debug\Syncfusion.Shared.dll
And this step still takes more than 30 seconds.

So I suppose it's still the loading of some Syncfusion DLLs that takes so much time.

Obviously we need to fix this because it's unacceptable to wait 30 seconds before the 1st window appears.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team June 29, 2007 11:20 PM UTC

Hi Mathieu,

I was not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please let me know the OS of your system? It will help us to reproduce the issue here.

Please create a Direct-Trac incident to keep track of this issue.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Ramu

MG Mathieu Gyorffy July 2, 2007 07:08 AM UTC

Hi Ramu,
I'm running Windows XP pro - version 2002 - service pack 2.
I've just created a Direct-Trac incident with all this information.
Thanks for your help.

MG Mathieu Gyorffy July 2, 2007 12:58 PM UTC

We have just noticed that when disconnecting the network cable, the program runs instantly.
Do the syncfusion DLLs attempt to access the network ?
Could we have a version that doesn't do any network access ?

LA lan July 9, 2007 07:40 PM UTC

I'm having the same problem with the latest Syncfusion. My OS is XP SP2, VS.NET 2005 with SP1.

This is needed to be fix because the building and revising of the software (especially for the GUI) are taking forever.

I need to have to instrument the network traffic therefore I can't unglug from the network.

What in the world the dlls have to access the network for?

Please response ASAP

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team July 10, 2007 11:50 PM UTC

Hi Lan,

Regards,
Ramu

LP Lan Pham July 12, 2007 08:43 PM UTC

I have Syncfusion installed at first with a trial version, then I uninstall that version and installed with the licensed version with my 1 year license key and such. Everything works fine until now. Noted that my computer was connecting to the network as always. Question is, why it didn't happend before but now?

can you check to see if the old trial version installed still hanging around and now affecting my computer (like a virus!!) eventhough I have the appropriate key valid for 1 year.

Please fix this as soon as you can because my developing time is almost tripple. Not very productive to wait 2 minutes to build an app

>Hi Lan,

Regards,
Ramu

LA Lan July 13, 2007 02:29 PM UTC

I did create a direct-tract incident # 35557

>I have Syncfusion installed at first with a trial version, then I uninstall that version and installed with the licensed version with my 1 year license key and such. Everything works fine until now. Noted that my computer was connecting to the network as always. Question is, why it didn't happend before but now?

can you check to see if the old trial version installed still hanging around and now affecting my computer (like a virus!!) eventhough I have the appropriate key valid for 1 year.

Please fix this as soon as you can because my developing time is almost tripple. Not very productive to wait 2 minutes to build an app

>Hi Lan,

Regards,
Ramu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon