We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Add new row in a data table

Hi, I have a DataBoundGrid bound to a datatable: dtblParts, and in it I display the following columns: CategoryID, PartID, Price and Quantity. Price column gets populated based on my selection in CategoryID and PartID. What I want now is that when I put in a value for Quantity a TotalPrice to be calculated and displayed somewhere on the form. To do that I do have a routine that checks the number of rows datatable has. Here is the problem: the number of rows is: 0. This is the way I initiate a "New part " operation: dtblParts.rows.Clear dtblParts.rows.AddNew grdParts.DataSource = dtblParts grdParts.Refresh The grid display a new row since the EnableAddNew = True but the datatable behind it does not have any rows. Unless I click on the next row and back in the previous row, I don't get a new row in the data table.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2003 01:21 PM UTC

> Hi, > I have a DataBoundGrid bound to a datatable: dtblParts, and in it I display the following columns: CategoryID, PartID, Price and Quantity. Price column gets populated based on my selection in CategoryID and PartID. What I want now is that when I put in a value for Quantity a TotalPrice to be calculated and displayed somewhere on the form. To do that I do have a routine that checks the number of rows datatable has. Here is the problem: the number of rows is: 0. > > This is the way I initiate a "New part " operation: > > dtblParts.rows.Clear > dtblParts.rows.AddNew > grdParts.DataSource = dtblParts > grdParts.Refresh > > The grid display a new row since the EnableAddNew = True but the datatable behind it does not have any rows. Unless I click on the next row and back in the previous row, I don't get a new row in the data table. What does > dtblParts.rows.AddNew do? It is not a member of DataTable.Rows, is it. Normally to add a row, you would use code like Dim dr as DataRow = dataTable1.NewRow() ...populate dr ... dataTable1.Rows.Add(dr)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon