We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Manager: exception after serialization

Dear all,

I am trying to serialize/deserialize the docking layout to/from the external memory stream.

Having deserialized, the docking manager throws an exception as one of the docked windows is dragged to become floating. The exception appears when the procedure (serialize->deserialize->undock->dock) is repeated at least twice.

The sample code that illustrates the bug is attached.

Would be thankful for any feedback.

Vlad

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.FloatingFormController.IsFloatOnly()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.WhidbeyDragProvider.ProcessMouseUp(DockControllerBase controller, IDraggable ctrl, Point ptscreen)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.FloatingFormController.HandleMouseUpImp(MouseButtons button, Point ptclient)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.FloatingForm.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.FloatingForm.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Exception18.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 27, 2007 10:45 PM UTC

Hi Vlad,

Your Direct-Trac incident 35201 in this regard has been updated. Please refer to my response there and let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon